SmileMobile Dental Clinic Manager
Practice Description: This non-profit is seeking a community minded clinic manager for the SmileMobile program, that provides dental care to children, youth, pregnant/postpartum people, and adults in underserved areas of Washington State.
This position’s role is to be the on-site manager for the SmileMobile dental clinics. As a clinic manager your work is as an independent contractor, on a temporary, part time basis and typically follows a dental clinic schedule set three to six months in advance. You choose the dental clinics you want to work. Allowing you to create your own schedule. Clinic schedule changes do occur occasionally.
Job Description: Ideal position for someone who needs flexibility and has a public health mindset. A retiree or one interested in non-clinical work. As SmileMobile clinic manager, your role requires that you direct all SmileMobile clinic personnel and operations to ensure the mobile dental clinic effectively and efficiently.
• Clinics operate Monday through Friday allowing travel time Monday morning and Friday afternoon.
• Set up and manage a dental clinic at each location and work with program manager, host organization and host dentist to ensure clinic operates at full capacity.
• Adapt dental clinic to meet the needs of the community; adjust hours of operation and other as needed.
• Implement COVID-19 protocols developed and based on guidelines from the Center for Disease Control, ADA, WSDA, WA State Dept. of Health and OSHA/WISHA.
• Conduct oneself in a way that reflects positively on Arcora Foundation and effectively and appropriately provides services to diverse populations.
• Lead a team of professionals with different work styles and needs.
• Manage and support host dentist, volunteer dental professionals, and staff in providing examinations, including charting and treatment planning, delivering treatment, and assuring optimum treatment flow.
• Schedule and confirm treatment appointments, assist with patient check-in and review all patient charts.
• Operate as a dental assistant and/or hygienist as needed to provide maximum treatment.
• Provide volunteer dental professionals a meaningful, rewarding experience while working on the van.
• Ensure patients, families and host organizations have a positive experience with the SmileMobile staff and volunteers.
• Ensure patient charts are accurate, completed, and signed by provider.
• Assist patients/families with Medicaid eligibility.
• Provide patients with written referral and connect to DentistLink and ABCD program.
• Provide Foundation materials and information to community leaders visiting the SmileMobile.
• Identify individuals and/or families for SmileMobile stories etc.
• Take photos of community leaders, volunteers, host organizations for Foundation
• Compile summary of services provided (i.e., # of exams, fillings) for each dental clinic.
Supplies, Dental Equipment and Van:
• Manage dental supply inventory, and ensure the van is fully stocked.
• Maintain the van and equipment in working condition to meet the highest cleanliness standards and to ensure operational.
• Ensure the program meets strict accordance with current OSHA/WISHA infection control standards (record maintenance, sterilization, incidences etc.).
• Conduct weekly safety meetings. • HIPAA trained and compliant.
• In the event of an emergency or issue with a patient, parent, host organization, volunteer, van or other immediately contact the Senior Program Officer.
• Prepare the van for transfer from clinic to clinic and communicate with the driver.
• Attend the SmileMobile’s annual retreat.
• Attend trainings and meetings at the request of the Foundation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: WA State Registered/Licensed Dental Hygienist and/or Registered Dental Assistant with three – five years’ experience in an office/clinic environment required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is an individual contributor role, without supervisory duties.
TRAVEL: This position requires travel (provide per diem and mileage reimbursement for travel with the SmileMobile).
Pay Range: $27-$35/hr DOE and negotiable
Years Experience Required: WA State Registered/Licensed Dental Hygienist and/or Registered Dental Assistant with three – five years’ experience in an office/clinic environment required.
Required Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Empathetic toward others.
• Customer service oriented.
• Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks until completion.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision; yet seek direction/approval from supervisor on essential matters.
• Maintain strict confidential information.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to be flexible and adaptive to change (i.e. clinic schedule).
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and ability to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds and be culturally sensitive.
• Familiarity of electronic equipment, including camera, computer or willingness to learn.
• Ability to use practice management software (i.e. Dentrix Ascend, Eaglesoft etc.).
• Ability to learn and work in a variety of technology platforms and online business tools.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Mature and practical demeanor with well-developed, problem solving skills.
• A proactive “can do” attitude and the ability to take initiative
Other Requirements: Requirement that as a dental professional you maintain and submit proof of the following:
• Washington State Dental Assistant Registration or Hygiene License and Registration
• Washington State Driver’s License
• Professional Liability and Malpractice Insurance
• CPR Certification
• COVID-19 Vaccination
About Dental Professionals
There are many ways to work with us!
Full-time Flexible: You can qualify to be our full-time employee and we’ll provide you with a competitive pay and benefits package! YOU DECIDE YOUR SCHEDULE. Work when YOU want and as much as you want. You can have the flexibility to work around YOUR life, rather than trying to fit in life around your work schedule.
Per Diem: Pick up an occasional shift whenever it fits your schedule, while you’re between jobs, or during an office closure.
Temp to Hire: Work per diem jobs while seeking a full-time position, in some cases as a working interview with a potential employer.
Direct Hire: We can help you find your next dream job with a new office!