Dental Scheduling Coordinator
Practice Description: Friendly, family-focused practice that supports and cares for their local community.
The Scheduling Coordinator creates the first impression and a lasting impression for each patient, whether in person or on the phone. This role greets patients, schedules appointments, answers incoming calls, manages administrative records and financial records such as insurance billing and payments. Additionally, this position is responsible for the coordination for office routines and procedures as well as reminder calls about scheduled appointments, follow ups, or cleanings. The Scheduling Coordinator keeps the office organized and running smoothly and exhibits a positive countenance to every patient experience. This position is full-time, 5 days per week with full benefits package - health insurance, vacation, sick, holiday pay, and monthly production bonuses. Compensation is competitive, and depends upon experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Develops and maintains doctor/hygienist schedule to meet practice goals.
· Responsible for answering incoming calls to include, new patient calls, emergencies, scheduling patient appointments, requesting records, and follow up.
· Manage unscheduled list, asap list, treatment pending list, to ensure patient follow through to meet scheduling goals.
· Greet and check patients in and out for and after treatment.
· Educate and consult patients discussing treatment needs and presenting treatment plans.
· Increase and stimulate new patient growth by supporting marketing and promotional programs, to include recall cards, continuing care calls, referral letters and gifts, and working with referrals.
· Document patient dental treatments and financial transactions, to include signing of financial arrangements, prepayments for large cases, financing, and charges collection.
· Make pre-treatment financial arrangements with patients.
· Responsible for billing dental insurance, posting payments, and claim estimations.
· Balance income and charges daily and prepare deposits.
· Responsible for Accounts Receivable to include, sending of billing statements, aging reports, and collections.
· Create month end reports and forecast monthly goals for the office and providers.
· Follows office procedures for patient referrals.
· Responds to doctor, patient and employee concerns and inquiries and seeks assistance when necessary.
· General office other various duties as required.
Pay Range:DOE and is competitive
Bonus:Monthly production bonus
Medical/Dental Insurance: Yes
Paid Time Off: Vacation, sick, holiday pay
Number of Dentists: 2
Number of Registered Dental Hygienists: 5, but run 2 columns only per day
Number of Assistants: 5
Number of Front Office Staff: 5
Number of Sterilization Techs: 1
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30-4:00 (office staff cover for each other when need to take time off for appointments etc.)
Years Experience Required: 5 years
· Previous receptionist or front office experience
· Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs to include Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience in a digital office with dental software proficiency
· COVID vaccination required for all team members
About Dental Professionals
There are many ways to work with us!
Full-time Flexible: You can qualify to be our full-time employee and we’ll provide you with a competitive pay and benefits package! YOU DECIDE YOUR SCHEDULE. Work when YOU want and as much as you want. You can have the flexibility to work around YOUR life, rather than trying to fit in life around your work schedule.
Per Diem: Pick up an occasional shift whenever it fits your schedule, while you’re between jobs, or during an office closure.
Temp to Hire: Work per diem jobs while seeking a full-time position, in some cases as a working interview with a potential employer.
Direct Hire: We can help you find your next dream job with a new office!