Dental Hygienist Part-Time
Highly Collaborative and Patient-friendly Team Environment
Our Culture and Values:
• We are positive, enthusiastic and passionate about dentistry.
• We provide quality care with both technology and compassion.
• We value open communication, high ethical standards, hard work and flexibility.
• We are a close-knit team that actively supports each member.
• We appreciate each other; we celebrate successes with each other and with our patients.
We hold patients' comfort and health as our highest priority and our two doctors and team of staff members work together to help every person we meet feel better about themselves as a result of working with us.
Do you have strong communication skills and a gentle touch? Are you looking for a position where your skills can make a difference in the lives of others? We are seeking a Hygienist who shows compassion and who excels at offering quality care and service to our patients.
• Assesses dental condition and needs of patient using patient screening procedures, including medical history review.
• Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
• Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
• Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
• Feel lymph nodes under patient's chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
• Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
• Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
• Take digital x-rays
• Provide clinical services and health education to improve and maintain oral health of school children.
• Administer local anesthetic agents.
Pay Range: Competitive
Medical/Dental Insurance: In-house dental
Paid Time Off: Vacation, sick pay and 1 floating holiday per year.
Other Benefits: Clinical attire paid by employer
Number of Dentists: 2
Number of Registered Dental Hygienists: 4
Number of Assistants: 4
Number of Front Office Staff: 5
Number of Sterilization Techs: 1
Work Schedule: Thursdays, and Fridays, 7:30-5:00. (often opportunity to cover days off and vacations). Potential to work Mondays and some Wednesdays as well, if more hours wanted. We're flexible!
Years Experience Required: New graduates and experienced applicants welcome!
Required Skills: RDH certificate or Associates in RDH, current license, computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Practice Works/Carestream strongly preferred and the ability to learn new programs.
Other Requirements: COVID-19 vaccine required for all staff
About Dental Professionals
There are many ways to work with us!
Full-time Flexible: You can qualify to be our full-time employee and we’ll provide you with a competitive pay and benefits package! YOU DECIDE YOUR SCHEDULE. Work when YOU want and as much as you want. You can have the flexibility to work around YOUR life, rather than trying to fit in life around your work schedule.
Per Diem: Pick up an occasional shift whenever it fits your schedule, while you’re between jobs, or during an office closure.
Temp to Hire: Work per diem jobs while seeking a full-time position, in some cases as a working interview with a potential employer.
Direct Hire: We can help you find your next dream job with a new office!