Dental Assistant F/T and/or P/T
Practice Description: We are a low-income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish County. Our services include integrated and comprehensive medical, dental, and mental health counseling. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for those who fall through the cracks of the system. Our mission is to show the love of Christ by bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
Job Description: The Dental Assistant’s primary responsibilities revolve around providing quality dental care through a smoothly operating dental clinic. As such, the Dental Assistant will:
• Assist the Dental Manager and dentists with patient care.
• Maintain an organized and clean back-office space (operatories, lab, sterilization).
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communications with patients and volunteers.
• Ensure the safe use of Lahai Health’s equipment/facilities and maintain OSHA and WISHA safety standards.
• Evaluate the adequacy of an inventory of dental supplies, instruments, and equipment.
• Order or otherwise procure needed supplies.
• Assist the Dental Manager in coordinating a referral system for patients needing care beyond our core services.
• Pray with patients and volunteers upon request and as appropriate.
• Assist in administrative duties, including coordinating volunteer scheduling, data collection, reporting, patient scheduling, etc.
• Attend all Lahai Health meetings and training sessions, as required.
• Agreement and support of Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith.
• Education: Must be a registered dental assistant. Expanded function training is preferred.
• Experience: 2 years of experience as a dental assistant preferred. Experience with Eaglesoft preferred. Experience within a community healthcare setting preferred.
• Proficiencies: Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem-solving. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Bilingual skills preferred.
• Abilities: A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients. An individual with a work history of completing tasks promptly while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive. Must maintain up-to-date immunizations and CPR/First Aid training.
Pay Range: $27.00 to $30.00
Dental Insurance: Yes
Paid Time Off: Yes
Other Benefits: This role qualifies for public student loan forgiveness.
Number of Dentists:1
Number of Registered Dental Hygienists: 0
Number of Assistants: 2
Number of Front Office Staff: 2
Number of Sterilization Techs: 0
Work Schedule: Hours are from 8:30 am-4:30 pm, with a lunch break from 12-1 pm. We are willing to consider applicants who can work a minimum of 3 days a week but would hire for up to 5 days a week.
Years Experience Required: 1
• Must be a registered dental assistant. Expanded function training is preferred.
• Must maintain up-to-date immunizations and CPR/First Aid training.
• A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients.
Other Requirements: • Agreement and support of Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith.
• Experience with Eaglesoft preferred.
• Experience within a community healthcare setting preferred
About Dental Professionals
There are many ways to work with us!
Full-time Flexible: You can qualify as our full-time employee, and we’ll provide you with a competitive pay and benefits package! YOU DECIDE YOUR SCHEDULE. Work when YOU want and as much as you want. You can have the flexibility to work around YOUR life rather than trying to fit in life around your work schedule.
Per Diem: Pick up an occasional shift whenever it fits your schedule, while you’re between jobs, or during an office closure.
Temp to Hire: Work per diem jobs while seeking a full-time position, sometimes as a working interview with a potential employer.
Direct Hire: We can help you find your next dream job with a new office!