Dental Assistant F/T and/or P/T
Practice Description:Dr. and his team proudly provide quality dental care for the entire family – from the very young to the young at heart. They offer a wide range of services, including hygiene, routine dental treatment, and advanced care. Dr. is committed to serving his patients and alleviating their discomfort with conservative and step-wise approaches.
Job Description:• Carrying out screening and monitoring procedures
• Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
• Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
• Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
• Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
• Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
• Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
• Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
• Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
• Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
• Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
Paid Time Off:Yes
Other Benefits:Sick and Vacation days
Number of Front Office Staff: 1
Number of Registered Dental Hygienists: 2
Number of Sterilization Techs: 0
Number of Assistants: 1
Number of Dentists: 1
Work Schedule:T, W, TH, F 8-5
Years Experience Required:6 months
Required Skills:• Confident patient communication
• Good conflict resolution and mediation skills which comes in handy when patients are in extreme pain or mental stress
• Strong clinical skills
• Licensed Certification
• Ensure that patients are comfortable in the dental chair
• Prepare patients and the work area for treatments and procedures
• Sterilize dental instruments
• Help dentists by handing them instruments during procedures
• Keep patients' mouths dry by using suction hoses and other equipment
• Instruct patients in proper oral hygiene
• Process x rays and complete lab tasks, under the direction of a dentist
• Keep records of dental treatments
• Schedule patient appointments
• Work with patients on billing and payment
• Compassion, dexterity, interpersonal skills, stamina, attention to detail
If this is you, please apply! This position is open immediately for the right person! Please send us your resume and salary requirement in response to our ad. We are looking forward to meeting you!
About Dental Professionals
There are many ways to work with us!
Full-time Flexible: You can qualify to be our full-time employee and we’ll provide you with a competitive pay and benefits package! YOU DECIDE YOUR SCHEDULE. Work when YOU want and as much as you want. You can have the flexibility to work around YOUR life, rather than trying to fit in life around your work schedule.
Per Diem: Pick up an occasional shift whenever it fits your schedule, while you’re between jobs, or during an office closure.
Temp to Hire: Work per diem jobs while seeking a full-time position, in some cases as a working interview with a potential employer.
Direct Hire: We can help you find your next dream job with a new office!